Absinthe Original Bitter Spirit
- Absinthe Bitter Spirit, genuine absinthe with 35mg of thujone and 60% ABV
- Guaranteed to be free of artificial colorants and chemicals, no preservatives
- Drink it well chilled with a little sugar and water or as a base for your favorite absinthe cocktail
- Prepared from carefully selected herbs, the main herb being grand wormwood, aniseed and fennel
- Bitter Spirit recipe is the closest thing to the pre-ban spirits enjoyed during the Belle Époque
I’ve read negative reviews of Czech absinthes but I have to conclude that those reviewers didn’t try this one. Properly diluted with sugar, this is a delicate, beautiful tasting absinthe with a light refreshing character and a smooth finish. It doesn’t loache like a French absinthe, but don’t let that fool you. Diluted, it has a clear, minty green appearance and is, despite its appearance, very potent. It has a pleasant calming effect over and above the effects of the alcohol. You won’t see prancing green fairies but if you’re reading this you probably already know that. <br /> <br /> A word about absinthe from the Czech Republic: Czechoslovakia never banned absinthe like so many other countries in Europe did so long ago. And this necessarily means that they’ve had a one hundred year head start in refining their recipes and manufacturing process compared to other countries of manufacture that only recently got back to the business of making it. This is a very fine drink, it’s a very pleasant experience to drink it, and it makes the other absinthes I’ve tried, taste like bad ouzo. It’s worth the price and more. Try it, you won’t regret it!
I was originally going to bash this for not being real Absinthe, but after drinking it? It does have a different effect than regular alcohol. While not being real Absinthe because it doesn't louche, it does have a Thujone effect that keeps the mind clear and in control. I have since tried real Absinthe from Switzerland and France and It's phenomenal, but I will probably order more from this site because it does taste good and I won't waste my good stock of authentic goodness just to get drunk, the good stock is for enjoyment.